Virginia Chapter's Local Groups
The Virginia Chapter consists of eleven local groups throughout Virginia plus some unaffiliated members.
- Blue Ridge Group
- Chesapeake Bay Group serves the cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk and Virginia Beach, and the counties of Accomack and Northampton on Virginia's Eastern Shore.
- Falls of the James Group is tied to the James River Park System and the communities and the issues that border that river and other critical rivers including the South Anna, the North Anna, the Pamunkey, the Mattaponi, the Appomatox, the Black Water Swamp and Nottoway, the Meherrin, and all the runs, brooks and creeks to the Chesapeake Bay and the Southern Rivers to the North Carolina border.
- Great Falls Group serves parts of Northern Virginia including the counties of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, and Fauquier and the city of Fairfax.
- Mount Vernon Group serves the cities of Alexandria and Falls Church, Arlington County, and parts of Fairfax and Prince William counties.
- New River Group includes all Sierra Club members who live in the New River watershed in southwestern Virginia.
- Piedmont Group serves Charlottesville City and Albemarle, Greene, Fluvanna, Louisa, Culpeper, and Orange Counties in central Virginia.
- Rappahannock Group serves the Fredericksburg region, including the City of Fredericksburg and the counties of Stafford, Spotsylvania, King George, Caroline, Culpeper, Orange and Westmoreland.
- Roanoke Group serves Roanoke, Botetourt, Alleghany, Bath, Rockbridge, Franklin, Henry, and Patrick Counties, and the cities and towns within them.
- Shenandoah Group serves Harrisonburg, Staunton, Winchester, and the rest of the Shenandoah Valley.
- Thunder Ridge Group
- York River Group
And check out Hampton Roads new blog... HRSierraClub.org