Recycling Breakthrough Contest
The Sierra Club Falls of the James Group announces
A Contest for Richmond Area Elementary and Secondary Schools
To foster greater recycling participation throughout the Richmond metropolitan area by creating practical new programs to promote recycling where it currently does not exist and to increase participation in existing programs.
Prizes: First Prize-$1,000 Second Prize-$500
Eligibility: The contest is open to all students in grades K through 12 in greater Richmond, whether attending public or private schools or being home- schooled. Proposals may be submitted by a class, a project group, or an individual.
Criteria: Selection criteria include the following:
- Project concept and scale
- Steps for implementation and replication of the process
- Ease of implementation
- Cost effectiveness
- Analysis of environmental impact(s)
- Documented effectiveness (spectacular failures will be considered, too)
- Presentation quality (narrative and video)
Proposal: Sept. 28, 2012
Completed Project: Jan. 18, 2013
Winners announced, prizes awarded, and winning videos showcased in February at a public event.