Sept/Dec 2014 issue of The Fall Line Newsletter is now availableThe Fall Line Newsletter is packed full of updates, including:
- Falls of the James Group supports attendance at the Annual Virginia State Chapter Gathering
- The Sierra Club Foundation included in this year’s Amazing Raise
- Fall General Meeting Program Schedule
- The Falls of the James Group Holiday Celebration to be held on Monday, December 8th, at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- FoJG Help Wanted!
- 2014 17th Big Yard Sale a Huge Success
Update about the Location and Day for Membership Meetings
Our meeting place remains the same as the beginning of the year.
However, the regular meeting day has changed!
Jepson Alumni Center on the University of Richmond Campus,
on each SECOND Wednesday!
A few notes about this location:
- Official Jepson Alumni Center written directions and link to map: http://events.richmond.edu/jepson-alumni-center/directions.html
- If you prefer to use a mapping website or GPS,
use the following address for the best directions:
101 College Road
Richmond, VA 23229
- In Google Maps, the building is labeled "Alumni Relations".
September 2014 General Meeting & Program
Please join us on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 7:00 PM at the Jepson Alumni Center - U of R Campus for "Toxic Chemicals in Virginia: What are the Risks? What are the Remedies?" with Professor Noah Sachs, Director, Merhige Center for Environmental Studies, University of Richmond School of Law.
Professor Sachs is a nationally known environmental law expert, with a focus on climate change, toxic substances and hazardous waste regulation. He has been outspoken about recent toxic spills in Virginia: the crude oil train spill in Lynchburg, the Dan River coal ash spill and tracking EPA’s efforts to clean the state’s Superfund sites.
Did you know that Richmond is the asthma capitol of the U.S.? Come and find out why!